As promised, here is Friday's Food For Thought!
I had too much to say (per usual) and it didn't fit on my Instagram caption, so here it is!
 
     If I could make a 30 second speech to the world, what it would be about? Ok- that's a little nerve - wrecking so let's narrow it down - to a 30 second speech to those who are starting a new venture. Or perhaps you want to start a new venture, but are nervous of the unknown. Here is what I would say to you:
     As Nike best put it, JUST DO IT. If there is something you want in life, no matter how big or small, literally just do it. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and make that plunge. And this goes for all aspects of life.
     You want to start a new business, but are scared you will fail? Well, don't make failure an option. Do not allow yourself to say "I can't." Wake up every morning and do ONE thing that will drive you towards your goals.
     You know your gut tells you that need to break up with a boyfriend, but you are afraid of being alone?  You are never alone- at the very least- I am here for you! Surround yourself with family and friends who love you and want to see you happy. It WILL work out.  
     You want to start graduate school but are afraid you won't succeed? Or in my case - quit law school but you are afraid of what people will say? Let me tell you something, knowing what you want in life is just as important as knowing what you don't want. If you want something, if you want it bad enough, you WILL succeed.
     Some of the scariest decisions in my life led me to today and I feel so blessed to be able to say that I am truly happy. I broke up with an ex of 6 years, quit law school when I was doing so well academically but just was not happy, quit my miserable job at sweat shop of a law firm, and slowly starting creating the idea of Glamour Cosmetics all within 6 months of each other. It definitely was not easy and there were days I didn't know how I could move forward, but just I woke up one morning and decided to stop wasting my precious life and just do it.
     These were hands down some of the most difficult decisions of my life, but sometimes the most difficult decisions in our lives are the best decisions we can make for ourselves. And from there came the best choices of my life... being engaged to my best friend of 14 years, working at an amazing job with the government, using my creative mind in makeup artistry, and meeting all of you!!
     Well, I guess that's more than 30 seconds- but I hope it was 30 seconds filled with inspiration for you to just go out there AND DO IT! No one is going to better your life for you- do it for yourself! And if you need help along the way-- I am here for you.
 
 

Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM