How to De-Stink your Laundry!



It has happened to all of us! We leave the towels in the washing machine for too long and after its dried it STINKS! Or, like me, we have a boyfriend that goes to the gym religiously and brings home  god awful sweaty clothes! That smell that is clogging up your nostrils is MILDEW. You might not be able to see it, but its there - and its BAD. 

For so long I tried to figure out how to get that stench out! I ran the clothes twice in the washing machine, which not only wasted a tremendous amount of water and time, but it did not even work! I tried different water tempreatures and different laundry detergents. Nope, still stunk! Until I found my secret weapon! Two ingredients that are right in your pantry. Yes, pantry! Baking Soda and Vinegar !

Vinegar is acts as a deoderizer and also as a disinfecant. Simply add a cup of vinegar to your normal water and detergent wash and the all natural ingredient will kill the mold and remove any stench. I have used both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar and both have worked miracles!

So now you're thinking.. EW, my clothes are going to smell like vinegar! I promise, they wont! Here is where the baking soda comes in!

Baking Soda acts as a neutralizer and cleans your clothes even further. Grab a cup of baking soda and pour it into the laundry along with the water, detergent, and vinegar. The baking soda will cut the smell of vinegar completely and deodarize your stinky towels and clothes! Sometimes I get lazy and just pour however much I want right on top of the clothes. I have never had an issue doing that, although sometimes I wonder if I will find myself swimming in 3 feet of water and suds of baking soda. (That would be so fun!)

It is best to run your wash on the hottest and longest cycle, but I have done so on a regular cycle with cold water and it has worked just as well!
 
Try it out and comment below to let me know how it works!

Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM