An honest review: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

    

At a higher price point of $60 the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation comes in 23 shades that are made to match a large variety of skin tones. The coverage is light to medium and it applies very smoothly.

I wanted to love this foundation after all the amazing reviews on it. Instagram was overflowing with the best makeup artists in the industry raving about it. It has been said and portrayed through photos that the foundation gives off an amazing sumer-like glow. So, after weeks of debating, I decided to give it a try. I went into Sephora and with my luck there was a Giorgio Armani makeup artist working there that day. She chose the foundation in color #5, which I thought would be too light on my skin, but she was dead on! She applied the product using a foundation brush and the color blended perfectly into my skin. I personally don't like and don't need a lot of coverage so at a first glance the foundation looked great on my skin- gave a nice clean canvas. I didn't immediately notice any "glowing" of my skin and it just looked like any liquid foundation, but I thought I would give it some time. Well, time wasn't on my side, and neither was this product, because after a little while nothing was really "glowing" except my nose. In fact, it just looked SUPER oily- and I have dry skin in the cold weather (I will pass on saying "winter" because its technically Spring, even though it is still freezing outside. ugh). By end of the day, I couldn't wait to wash my face. It just felt so heavy and my skin felt so "clogged" even though the makeup artist hadn't used much product.

As a disclaimer, I want to point out that I don't usually wear liquid foundation. I have always used pressed powder or airbrush, so this may be why it felt so weird and heavy to me.

I also heard many accounts of oxidation and breakouts using this product, however, since I only tested the product one time, I did not experience this. I am not surprised though...the ingredients (see below) list fragrance ingredients and alcohol known to cause irritation.

Also, for all my fellow animal lovers, although Giorgio Armani claims that they do not test their products on animals, their products are sold in China. As Paula's Choice writes, Chinese law requires cosmetic products to be tested on animals before they are sold to humans. Armani itself may not engage in animal testing, but since it's chosen to sell its products in China, they are subject to animal tests.

My final opinion: The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is good, but not so great as to make me pull out $60 from my wallet. I would recommend it to slightly dry to normal skin, but would recommend those with oily skin to stay clear! The coverage was light and to my liking, but if you are looking for something heavier, this isn't going to the product you are looking for. Overall, I liked it, but didn't love it.

There are many opposing reviews on this foundation and I would love to hear how your experience was! If you use this product or have any questions or comments, please let me know below!

Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica

Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM