What's in my beach bag? Your guide to Beach Proof Makeup and More!

FINALLY! Summer is officially here and the beach days have been plenty! Living in Boston, I know that I have just a few short months of this beautiful sunshine and smell of fresh cut grass before it all turns in brown slush/snow and naked white trees!

I won't lie, even though I am a makeup artist, on most days I like to keep a clean face to let my skin breathe; especially on days that I know I am going to be baking in the sun or sweating until my baby hairs turn curly again. Nevertheless, who doesn't like a little mascara just to add a touch of oomph on an otherwise naked face! Below, I have compiled a list of makeup products that are beach/pool safe! Disclaimer: These products may be water proof, but keep in mind that our tears, sweat and the beautiful blue ocean water are made up of much more than just water!


1) These matte lipsticks by Velvet 59 won't budge even if you try!! Not with water, and not with soap. The only thing I was able to get it off with was some baby oil! Probably the most fool-proof stay on lip color I own! Best part? Totally vegan and cruelty free! Read my full scoop on Velvet 59 products here!

2) The Aero Minerale Foundation is truly like no other foundation I have ever tried! It's airbrush makeup in an aerosol can, so applying it is SUPER easy. You can literally close your eyes and just spray in a Z pattern acros your face and you will get medium coverage! Of course, you can also apply with a sponge or brush too! I use these during my 2 hour dance performances and truly do not sweat through at all!

3) Always one of my faves, the Loreal Voluminous Mascara is used by top makeup artists in the industry! Beats most of my super expensive brand name mascaras as well! Be sure to grab the waterproof one as it comes in an original formula as well!

4) OK, not makeup, but probably the most important item on the list! Whatever sunscreen you choose, make sure to keep applying a generous amount throughout your day! SPF 30 or higher for me, please!  Check out my previous blog post here all about sun science!

5) I have yet to find a black-er, more fool-proof liner than the Inglot 77! So creamy, so smooth, but NOT forgiving! Which is great when you're hitting the water right? Be careful not to mess up when you are apply though, because its a *female dog* to remove! Hands down my favorite liner by far!

6) The Becca Shadow and Light Brow Contour Mousse has received rave reviews since it came out! Waterproof and smudge proof, your dates can finally take you swimming on your first date (reference to the famous meme's)!  The Cocoa shade is recommended for light/medium brows and the Mocha shade is recommended for medium/dark brows.

7) Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 is infused with Vitamins A, E, and C leaving lips smooth, plump, and sun-protected for up to 6 hours! This balm comes in 16 tints from clear, to pinks and reds, to plums! A little on the pricey side, but I liked it!

8) I have always been a fan of Aveeno and use their face and body moisturizers every single day. I appreciate that it's one of the few brands that is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and carries scent-free products. The Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Face Lotion is a UVA and UVB protectant and oil free so you don't have to worry about clogging up your pores and doesn't leave a white ghost cast on your face!

Though makeup is always fun, here are some of my non-makeup essentials that I throw in my beach bag too!  Pull together some of these beach bag essentials and tuck them into a super cute beach tote for the perfect summer getaways!

- Sea Saly Hairspray
- A favorite book/magazine
- Hair brush
- Sunglasses
- No fuss hair ties!
- Snacks
- Camera
- Headphones
- Beach hat
- Fruit infused water!

Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM