Best Eyeliners by Type!

"When in doubt, wing it out," right?  Whether it's a classic winged liner or a sultry smokey eye, the type of liner you use will determine your outcome! Read below to find out my favorite liners in the industry from liquid/felt tip, to gel liners and the old school goody pencil liners!



LIQUID/FELT TIP: I have searched far and long for a felt tip liner that actually works and works well. Up to date, I have only found ONE and I will tell you why. I have tried everything from drugstore brands to the most high end brands. The problem is ALWAYS that they either run dry really quickly or the pointed tip weakens very easily and does not allow you to create precise lines.

But not the Stila liner! This felt tip liner is heaven sent! The tip is not too soft, not too stiff and leaves YOU in control of how strong you want your lines to be!

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liner: "This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place until you say when—no smudges, feathering, or running. The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the beauty beginner, and delivers any look—from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke. It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and lasts all day."


GEL LINER: Easily my favorite type of liner! Most people find gel liner difficult to work with as you need to use a brush and work very precisely. But with a little bit of practice, I promise you won't turn back!

Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel: The Inglot #77 is by far the blackest black liner I have ever come across and applies SO smoothly. However, it is not very forgiving, so use with caution. One small error and you'll need a lawn mower to remove it! But still my personal fave!

Morphe Slate Gel Liner: I recently discovered the Morphe liner and to be honest, I like it even more than Bobbi Brown or MAC. The $8 price point is a bang for your buck, and like the Inglot lienr the Morphe liner glides on very well. To use, take a small amount out of the pod by either using a spatula or the end of your liner brush, place it on top of your hand and just dab into it until it warms up by the natural warmth of your hand. This makes the application process easier as it makes it even more smooth.

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner: My favorite drugstore liner of all time! Incredibly similar to the Bobbi Brown long wear liner, you cannot go wrong for 10 buckeroos! The black is very black, it does not run, and it lasts all night! If you're new to gel liner and want practice before you splurge, I highly recommend starting with Maybelline. If you decide gel liner isn't for you, $10 won't do too much damage to your bank!

My favorite gel liner brush? The Inglot 31T brush. I have not found a an angled brush that creates as precise lines as this one! I have two and neither bristles have feather out thus far!

*You might be surprised that I have not included MAC or Bobbi Brown in my list. That is because I would rather give you my honest opinion rather than what is simply "popular" in the industry. Although I have both of these liners in my kit, they are not the ones I reach for. I find that the MAC dries out too fast and the Bobbi Brown just isn't black enough for me. Again, this is just my personal opinion.


PENCIL LINER: Pencil liner is great for lining your water line or your lash line and different types of pencil liners will achieve different results. My favorite pencil liners are both from MAC!

Powerpoint Eye Pencil by MAC: The Powerpoint pencil is really easy to apply and doesn't smudge! I love that it comes in different finishes- matte, shimmer, metallic!


Kohl Power Eye Pencil by MAC: If you are looking for the smudges smokey eye effect, Kohl liner is the way to go! The soft pencil leaves a sexy, sultry finish. If you are looking for clean lines and a defined look, stay away. This one is all about the smoke.



What type of liner is your favorite and why? Do you have any recommendation or new products that you recommend? Let me know what you think below, and as always questions are always welcome!

Comments

  1. I noticed more people are using black eye shadow as an eyeliner but it never seems to look dramatic enough. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marine! Using eyeshadow as a liner is something I do often as well, especially if I am trying to sculpt out the liner shape before applying gel liner! The trick is to get the shadow a little wet to make the color bolder. I spray my brush with either MAC Fx+ or Mario Badescu Rose Water spray, dab into shadow and then apply! Works like a charm! Let me know how it goes if you give a shot! Xoxo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM