Facial Brushes - the Do's and Dont's (WITH DISCOUNT CODE!)

 
 
By now I am sure you all know how crazy I am about skin care. And if you don't ..here is the gist: I was my hands with antibacterial soap and water before I use my hands to wash my face, and then I was my hands with antibacterial soap and water again when I am finished. I moisturize every single morning and every single night without skipping a single day. I restrict myself to non-comodogenic and hypoallergenic cleansers and moisturizers.  I'm also that girl who yells at her friends when they sleep with makeup on. Love it or leave it..... thankfully they choose to love me. 
 
But my otherwise annoying OCD habit has really worked to my benefit! The result is a smooth, clean, healthy canvas that I like to call my face. I absolutely still get annoying pimples here and there but for the most part I am gunk free!  With winter around the corner, it is even more important to make sure we take care of our skin against the harsh cold weather and step 1 to any skin care routine should always be cleansing and exfoliating.
 
For a long time I had been using just my hands to clean my face and then for another long time I contemplated splurging on a Clairsonic Spin brush. But the cost always made me weary, so I stayed away. Though I have not used the Clairisonic myself, I hear MANY accounts of people purchasing it for waste as the bristles end up being too harsh for their skin.
 
Then one day I came upon a page on Instagram called @VanityPlanetStore. Vanity Planet is a website that sells health and beauty supplies such as facial scrubs, teeth whiteners, electronic toothbrushes, and even a few home supplies!   I finally took a leap and purchased the Ultimate Skin Spa System and life has been rainbows and sparkles since then! (not really, but it would be cool to rain sparkles instead of water!)
 
SO.... let me fill you in.....
 
Facial brushes help lift impurities out of your pores that your fingertips will never get to. The rotating bristles exfoliate and lift dead skin, makeup, and excess oils leaving your skin smooth and clean. Because your pores are now clean and dead skin is sloughed off , your moisturizer will now be able to sink into your skin and REALLY do its job and your makeup will apply flawlessly without caking up or blotching!
 
 Here is why I LOVE the Ultimate Skin Spa System from Vanity Planet. It comes with three bristle heads to accommodate your every need!  Here is the info straight from their website:
 
Silicone Brush – non-abrasive silicone touch-points gently cleanse your skin without harsh abrasion or chemicals. Recommended for dry or sensitive skin.
 
Daily Cleansing Brush (grey bristles) - ultra-soft bristles for gentle yet thorough cleansing. Recommended for daily use and especially for sensitive skin types.

Exfoliating Brush (black bristles) - hygienic, quick-drying bristles that are designed to lift away debris trapped deep within your pores. Recommended use 1 – 2 times per week for more thorough cleansing.
 
 
Here are some DO's and DONT's when using ANY facial brush:
 
DO:
- do clean with anti-bacterial soap and warm water after every use. Just detach the head and clean!
- do leave out to air dry. I usually just put the brush heads back in place and I leave the cover of the unit open overnight and then I close the next morning so that dirt or dust does not settle in.
- do change your bristle heads every 3 months. Because bacteria grows in damp places, it is best to change your brush heads often. My package came with a 50% discount code for my next purchase , which I will use for new brush heads!
- do follow with a moisturizer ... even if you have oily skin. It is a misconception that oily skin does not require moisturizer. Moisturizing is essential after exfoliating!

DONT:
- don't use more than once or twice a week as to prevent stripping of natural oils. Although the grey head says you can use it every day, I still only use it about 3 times a week and the black one once every week or two. I use the silicone head in between or if I feel like my skin is extra sensitive that day.
- don't go over the same area too many times as it will cause over-exfoliation. I usually start at my chin, and work my way up my cheek and around my face. I do this twice and I am all done!
- don't let other people use it, because that's just nasty! ha!
 
 





Go to Vanity Planet , pick your item of choice and enter discount code "Vanity70" at check out to receive 70% off any of their facial brushes! The Ultimate Skin Spa costs $125 regularly but with Vanity70 discount code your total comes out to just $38 ! Or try their Elite Skin Spa Treatment which comes out to ONLY $24 after the discount code is applied! WORTH EVERY PENNY!

I am so excited for you all to try this! Let me know WHEN (not "if") you see improvement in your skin! Send me a direct message on Instagram @glamourcosmetics_ , a message on Facebook at G.L'amour Cosmetics or just leave a comment below!

Get scrubbing! xoxo!



Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM