Marlonda Currie: Kissable Lips (WITH DISCOUNT CODE!)

 
As a makeup artist I know that one's makeup is only going to appear as good as what is underneath, yet so many women who sit in my chair seem to neglect one very important part : their lips!
 
I first came upon Marlonda Currie products when their company began to follow my Instagram page. I checked out their website, www.marlondacurrie.com, and I was immediately drawn to the idea of lip care. I contacted Marlonda to find out more about her lip care line.
 
Marlonda, a licensed medical esthetician and MBA graduate, started her company in Atlanta with the one goal in mind: To create a products that were formulated with healthy ingredients and to help women reveal their beautiful lips…one treatment at a time.
 

" Starting in her kitchen with sugar, water, oils, and other natural ingredients, Marlonda began concocting her own lip scrubs and hydrators. She wanted to create products that gently unveil beautiful skin and keep the lips looking their best by keeping them hydrated. She was off to a great start! Marlonda soon partnered with an amazing veteran cosmetic chemist who helped her perfect her lip treatment products. The marlonda currie® brand had arrived!  " Marlonda Currie

Marlonda was kind enough to send some products out to me to test out, and boy did I fall in love. The box arrived with.. err... with a lack of an actual box. I noticed that although there was no boxing, each individual product was carefully sealed with perfection. I then realized, why. Not only does Marlonda Currie care about our lips, but she cares about our environment too! Marlonda's company has ditched boxing and used minimal packaging  to reduce environmental impact. Genius! I love it!
 
So how is this lip scrub different than the home method of Vaseline and sugar we all use? To be quite honest, I have been a victim of this method too. However, Michael Roizen, MD, of Internal Medicine, says not to put Vaseline on your lips: "Vaseline is made from the goop  that comes from oil drills (petroleum jelly, remember?), so its something you don't want too close to your mouth because you'll ingest little bits each day." Yikes! No thanks! So glad I can turn to Marlonda Currie for a safer alternative.

I first tested out the multiple flavors of lip scrub I received: Peppermint, Brown Sugar, Strawberry, Lemon, and Vanilla Creme Brulee. The product size is quite generous. You get 1 oz. of lip scrub for $16.00. I love how condensed the product is. So much exfoliating particles in one scoop of the finger. And you don't even need much since a little goes a long way! The product felt so smooth on my lips and the brown sugar was gentle enough not to irritate, but strong enough to remove all the dead skin! Strawberry flavor was delicious, but I liked the cooling effect the Peppermint flavor left on my lips as I scrubbed in circular motions.

Take a look at the amazing and safe ingredients in Marlonda Currie's Peppermint flavored lip scrub:
Brown Sugar, Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Organic Shea Butter), Natural Flavor Extract, Spinach Powder (Natural Color), Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Vitamin C Ester, and Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

How could you go wrong!
 
Marlonda's Lip Hydrator was my next victim! The jar size of .5oz for $18.00 seems a bit steep, but the product is condensed into a hardened formula and melts at your finger tips, so again, one swipe along the surface of the jar will cover top and bottom of your lips perfectly! I first tested it during the day and absolutely loved how it left a beautiful shine to my lips without feeling sticky or heavy like vaseline does. I could definitely use this alone, or over lipstick to give it shine! It also lasted for a long time and the shine remained throughout! But does it really work to hydrate my lips? My lips were super dry and there was a crack in the middle of my lower lip which was causing a lot of pain, so I took Marlonda Currie to the overnight test. To be quite honest, I was not expecting much from this. It looked too pretty to do any real good, however, to my pleasant surprise, I was completely wrong! (Doesn't happen often. HA!) I left the lip hydrator on overnight and I woke up in the morning with my lips healed and visibly smoother. This is more than any Vaseline or chapstick has done for me over long periods of time! The lip hydrator is smooth with a light feeling to it and truly does to its job at keeping your lips moisturized.

And again, the ingredients are par none: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Natural Beeswax, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Flavor, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), D&C Red 33.

I have become an honest fan of Marlonda Currie lip care line. We spend so much time and money taking care of our face, trying to prevent wrinkles and fine lines and skin discoloration. Why neglect our lips, which are just as important and such an appealing part of our appearance? Take care of those kisses ladies and gents!

TO MY AMAZING FOLLOWERS: Marlonda Currie has been kind enough to extend a promotional discount for you all! Now, through the next 90 days, enter the discount code "glamourcosmetics" at checkout to receive 20% off your total purchase!! The best part : You can use the discount count as many times as you would like for the next 90 days! Just go to www.marlondacurrie.com ,  add your product into your cart and enter "glamourcosmetics" at check out to receive your 20% discount! GET YOUR SCRUB ON!!

 
Marlonda Currie® Products are FREE of….. Parabens ~ Mineral Oil ~ Petroleum ~ Sodium Laureth Sulfate ~ GMO derived Soy ~ Paraffin ~ Artificial Fragrance ~ Synthetic Colors ~ Aluminum ~ Propylene Glycol ~ Animal Products.
 


Comments

FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM